Home WT.Social Forums WT.Social Forum ENGLISH This Feels Like a Black Hole Might Feel

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      PapaWaynesBees
      Participant

Hello from Louisville, Kentucky. I am thinking I might be alone here, and on a social network, too!

senorbrx
      Participant

at least 2 of us went thru the event horizon…

L.Melton326
      Participant

I am not sure if my posts are actually being posted… can anyone read me?

Lisa T
      Participant

Well they are just getting started……

PapaWaynesBees
      Participant

Yes, I can see your post.

Kosmokrator
      Participant

i love wikipedia but so far i hate this. we’ll see what happens!

dan
      Participant

I’m 100% in, simple because there are no ads. Hope it takes off!

mark_skaggs
      Participant

430k members world wide = dispersed users, low commonality of interaction.
      I was on AOL when there were 300k members and it felt more active than this community at this point. This feels like a web-based throwback to dialup BBS days.
      Maybe it’s just cause I’m new and missing out where everyone is?

Gunn
      Participant

Hi from Oslo, Norway

cjohnson22463
      Participant

Just joined. Hoping this will be the replacement for facebook.

Tony McMickle
      Participant

The replacement for fb must start somewhere, so be it. This site will get better with time as features are added.

raab
      Participant

we need to break up facebook and have a break up with face book! I’m in.I hope #itgetsbetter

woowoowoo
      Participant

I’ll give any alternative to FB a shot. I’m on diaspora, and mastodon, but neither of them really had the traction required. Won’t stop me giving it a shot!

Also: there was a photo of a black hole last year, and I don’t think this feels like that looked 😉

Spanky_Dog_Ron
        Participant

I’m trying MeWe and Sociall at the moment, MeWe has some interactions, allot of spambots though.

Grahame Shannon
      Participant

User interface is weak. It just seems like any forum.

lepeleps
      Participant

I am lost. Where is the feed and my profile lol.

ReproFreedomForAll
      Participant

I’m lost too. Very confusing. I thought I was registering for wt social. It is not at all obvious that this is not wt.social and why it exists separately. Am I the only one confused by all this?

ReproFreedomForAll
      Participant

And OMG! What is with the reCapthas? Every little thing throws another reCaptcha. That alone will drive most people away – including me.

strgazr_63
      Participant

I can.

Blades
      Participant

This isn’t wt.social? Where is it?

Spanky_Dog_Ron
      Participant

I’ll stomach the lack of content if it means taking on Mark Zuckerberg one day.
      “Build a Mountain by starting with small stones” as Confucius would say.

Stizzleswick
      Participant

It’ll take a few years (!!) to build the momentum to have an actual, everyday community. Bacefook took time to take off, and right now, is keeping potential users from this place. I’m giving it two years, myself, before I throw up my hands in disgust and quit… which I hope it won’t come to. Patience is a virtue.

Spanky_Dog_Ron
        Participant

I have no choice to be honest with you. Ever since December, Facebook is turning into the Morality Police.
        Every time I log in, I get a new Ban thrown at me for something I said/posted years ago, or because I replied to someone with a swear word.
        I’ve spent more time in Facebooks Sin Bin than I have actually using the platform.

Only so many slaps on the backside before you say to yourself “Enough is enough” and move on.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.